USHBC hosted an all-day seminar for importers, distributors and end users of highbush blueberries in Mumbai, India November 20, 2018. We anticipated 40 and 86 professionals took time from their busy schedules to attend! It was a special honor for USHBC to salute some of the pioneering companies who Nutraj, Tajir, Orchard, Delta, IG and Anusaya among others who have worked side by side with USHBC for the past decade.
The event, coordinated by Raj Kapoor, our India FoodTech, consisted of five parts.
1. Blueberry Education. Tom Payne gave an overview of blueberries and blueberry ingredient solutions.
2. A Panel discussion by importers, distributors on the market situation and strategies for moving forward. (including a strategy for India stakeholders to work on duty reduction with their government).
3. A chef demo that showed the use of frozen blueberries and the economics of adding this value added ingredient.
4. A salute to India by Tom Payne for rising from $0 to $1 million I imports in 2018, and marketing strategies for moving forward!
5. A panel discussion by some of India's top celebrity chefs with impressions and advice on increasing blueberry use in the food industry and food service categories.
Thank you India!