What's happening in the blueberry FoodTech World

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Blueberry Cosmetics and Healthcare - 6000 Products and Rising!

For years, I have been touting the potential for blueberries in non-foods -- especially natural cosmetics.  Some may think a crazy idea -- but look!   I just expanded my Global New Products Report from MINTEL to include non-food categories and was amazed!  I expected a few blueberry-containing items in Korea where anything goes.  But, the search revealed 6,000 new blueberry products in the last decade.  Not just Asia, but North America as well.  I highlight some of these items in the next few days -- but they are incredible!  And most important -- they do use real blueberries and tout the health benefits that mirror a lot of the health benefits backed up by science!  


No comments:

Post a Comment